Statement of Faith
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. Holy Bible: This Church confesses the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as the inspired Word of God through which God still speaks, and as the only source of the Church’s doctrine and the authoritative standard for the faith and life of the Church. God will not reveal a message, which is against the Holy Bible.
2ndTim. 3: 16 - 17; 2ndPet. 1:25; Psa. 119:160; Matt. 5:18
2. This Church confesses and believes in the Triune God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – as the one true God. Matt. 3:16-17; Matt 28:19; 2nd Cor. 13:14.
2.1 Father: This Church proclaims the Father as Creator and Preserver. Gen. 1:1;
1st Cor. 15:28.
2.2 His son Jesus Christ, is believed by this Church to be the only begotten son of God as conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of virgin Mary, who committed no sin, was both perfect man and perfect God, who died on the cross and buried, rose from the dead on the third day and ascended to Heaven and will come back in His glory.
John 1:1,14; John10:30; Phil. 2:6,7; Heb. 1:8, 9; Luke 1:26-35; John 12:49; Acts 2:22-28; 2ndCor. 5:21; Heb. 7:26; Rom. 5:6,8; 1st Cor. 15:3; 1stPet. 3:18; Matt. 28:6; 1st Cor. 15:4,20; Acts 1:9-11; Acts 2:33; Heb. 8:1; Matt. 25:31.
2.3 The Holy Spirit: This Church confesses the Holy Spirit as Helper, Spirit of Truth who revealed the Word of God to Prophets and Apostles, the Sanctifier which dwells among believers, acts to convict sin, righteousness and judgement. Enabler of Christian life, and a Comforter in times of trial. Acts 5:3,4;John 16:13-14.
3. Human Being: The Church believes human beings are created in the image and likeness of God, sinned in the sight of God. Death came through sin and so death spread to all human beings.Gen. 1:26; Gen 2:7; Rom. 5:12; James 1:14,15; Rom. 3:10-19, 23; Acts 4:12; 1st Tim. 2:5-6.
4. Baptism of Holy Spirit: The Church believes in the baptism of Holy Spirit.
Matt. 3:11; Acts 1:5; John 16:13-15; Luke 24:49; Acts 2:4; Acts 8:12-17.
5. Spiritual Gifts: The Church believes to each is given the manifestation of the Spirit. Gifts are empowered by One and same Spirit who apportions for each one individually as He wills and everyone has to serve according to His Gift. Rom 12:6-8; 1st Cor. 12:4-11; 1stCor. 12:27-31.
6. Church: The Church believes it was established and set by Jesus Christ to make His disciples all believers from among all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything Jesus has commanded.
Matt.16: 18; Acts 11: 26; Col. 1:18; 1stTim. 3:15; Acts 20: 28.
7. Holy Communion (Lord’s Supper): The Church believes it is the new covenant by the body and blood of Christ taken in remembrance of Him. The bread and the cup are taken to proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes.Matt. 26:26-28; 1 Cor. 10:16-17; 1st Cor.11:23-26.
8. Water Baptism: The Church believes water baptism gives unity in the death of Christ and unity in the resurrection like him, proclamation of death to sin and being alive to God in Christ Jesus. Acts 8:36-39; Rom. 6:3-5; Col 2:12.
9. Marriage: The Church believes marriage is a divine institution designed to form a permanent union between man and woman that they might be helpful to one another.
Gen. 2:24; Mal. 2:15; Matt 19:6; 1st Cor. 7:2-5; Eph. 5:21-33; Heb. 13:4.
10. Resurrection: The Church believes Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep. For as in Adam all die so also in Christ shall all be made alive.
Matt 28: 6; 1st Cor. 15: 20-22; Rev 1:18.
11. Ascension: The Church believes Jesus Christ ascended to heaven after resurrection. Believers will resurrect and will be caught up together to meet the Lord in the cloud.
Luke 24:51; Acts 1;9-11; 1stCor. 15:51-57; 1st Thess. 4:13-18.
12. Return of Jesus: The Church believes Jesus will come again. He will raise the dead. He will judge all human kind. Righteous will reign with Him in His kingdom.
Dan. 2:44-45; 2nd Cor. 5:10; Rev. 22:12-13.
13. Angels: The Church believes Angels are created by God and are fellow servants with believers, prophets and those who keep the word of God.Psa. 103:20; Heb. 1:13-14;Rev. 5:11; Rev 22:9.
14. Satan: The Church believes Satan was created blameless but later unrighteousness was found in Satan. The works of the devil were destroyed by the appearance of the Son of God.
Isa. 14:12-19; Rev. 12:11; Eph.6:11; Heb. 2:14.
15. Eternal Life: The Church believes in a new heaven and earth; the dwelling place of God with man. God himself will be with them as their God.
John 3:16; 1st John 5: 12-14; John 10:28-30; 2 Pet. 3:13; Rev. 21:1-2.
16. Second death: The Church believes that there is the lake of fire where anyone whose name not found written in the book of life will be thrown on the Day of Judgement.
Rev.2:11; Re.20:14; Rev.14:9-11; Rev. 20:13-15.
17. Last Judgment: The Church believes it is the day when everyone is rewarded according to their work. Matt 25: 31-46; John 12:48; Rom. 2:2,6,11,16; Jude 6; Rev. 20:11-12.
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
St. Martin's Anglican Church
2120 Prince Charles Road
Ottawa, Ontario, K2A 3L3